Book Introduced To Deal With Prader Willi SyndromeJanuary 27th, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) For several years, Urs Eiholzer has been engaging himself in rigorous study on Prader Willi Syndrome (PWS). After writing several articles based on scientific approaches, he has recently, he has come up with a comprehensive book, namely, “Prader-Willi Syndrome:Coping With Those Involved”, that gives easy and handful tips to the non-professionals, who are diagnosed with the disease.
The main USP of the book is its easy language that can be grasped by any person from non medical background. Besides handy treatment options, the book gives more information on the disease, and the researches that has been conducted on it so far. It has vividly talked about the clinical picture of the disease and its genetic causes. The text content in the book has been well-illustrated with colorful pictures that can captivate the interest of the readers. This book is meant for those parents, whose children are affected with PWS, or any other person who is in touch with a patient. The author, Urs Eiholzer has not only spoken about the disease from a medical perspective, but has also commented a lot on its psychological impact.
Prader Willi Syndrome is a eating disorder that is especially common in children. It is marked with chronic feeling for appetite, resulting to high risk obesity, that might even turn out to be life threatening for the child. The other side effects of this disease are incomplete sexual development, low muscle tone, behavioral problems and hindrance on cognitive developments. It has been found that 12,000 to 15,000 people in USA suffer from this disease, and therefore, “Prader-Willi Syndrome:Coping With Those Involved” might be regarded as a very comprehensive, user reader friendly pioneer work by Urs Eiholzer, that aims to help the people somehow associated with PWS.
- Diabetes drug curbs excessive hunger - Jun 28, 2011
- Prader Willi Syndrome Detected In Uruguay - May 10, 2010
- Will Prader Willi Syndrome Victim Be Jailed? - Jul 27, 2010
- Test providing new pathway for identifying obesity, diabetes drugs developed - Sep 17, 2010
- Potential new method for early lung cancer detection - Oct 06, 2010
- Cheek swab may spot lung cancer - Oct 08, 2010
- Mayim Bialik Sheds Light On Easier Parenting - Aug 29, 2009
- Coming back to India was important:Pulitzer-winning Siddhartha Mukherjee - Nov 10, 2011
- Simon & Schuster eyes India's digital reading space - Sep 22, 2011
- Hrithik teaches easy way to quit smoking (Movie Snippets) - Dec 14, 2011
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Indian books on spirituality a big draw (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Pop and mom's genes hold tug-of-war inside baby - Jul 29, 2009
- Indian books on spirituality a big draw, says NBT chief - May 12, 2012
- E-books, e-library - for your reading pleasure - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: cognitive developments, colorful pictures, easy language, eating disorder, friendly pioneer, genetic causes, high risk, hindrance, incomplete sexual development, low muscle tone, medical background, medical perspective, meena, pioneer work, psychological impact, pws, rigorous study, risk obesity, text content, urs eiholzer